For nonprofit organizations, staffing and budget constraints make it paramount that you get the most out of every resource. One potentially huge return on investment for your nonprofit may be Google Ad Grants.
It’s free to qualifying organizations and donates thousands of dollars of advertising to individual nonprofits every month.
Here’s what you need to know about this powerful—if sometimes underestimated—program.
Google Ad Grants: The Basics
Google Ad Grants is a spinoff of Google Ads, the well-known advertising service created by the world’s most popular search engine. Through Google Ads, paying advertisers display product listings, video content, and more to web users, be it in search engine results or another website.
The Google Ad Grants program provides qualifying nonprofits with up to $10,000 per month of in-kind, text-based search advertising. When used to its fullest potential, Google Ad Grants can make and have made major impacts for nonprofits on everything from revenue to membership.
According to Google data, since its inception in 2003 Google Ad Grants has awarded more than $10 billion in free advertising to approximately 115,000 nonprofits around the world.
Google Ad Grants: The Benefits
There’s lots to like about Google Ad Grants. Here are some of the key ways this program can help strengthen and streamline your nonprofit.
– Present your message at the top of Google search engine results pages.
– Attract new members, donors, subscribers, and volunteers.
– Improve and streamline communications with current and prospective donors.
– Launch and manage keyword-based marketing campaigns.
– Raise awareness of your organization, brand, and mission.
– Encourage specific actions, such as becoming a member or signing a petition.
– Use Google Analytics to track performance and engagement.
Ready to take the leap? Yes, it is a free service, but navigating the process can get tricky, and can benefit from the expertise of experienced professionals. That’s where Tree Ring can help.