This guide will show step-by-step instructions for setting up email on Outlook 2010 for Windows. While it can be used for other versions of Outlook, some screens and steps might vary.
Adding a new account:
- Select the ‘File’ menu.
- Select Info.
- Click the “Add Account” button.
- Choose to “Manually configure server settings” .
- Click Next.
- Choose “Internet E-Mail” .
- Click Next.
- Please enter your name as you want it to appear on your outbound email messages.
- Please type your email address.
- Please choose your account type (POP recommended).
- Please enter your mail server. This has been emailed to you.
- The Outgoing Mail Server is the same as your incoming mail server.
- Enter your email address for the User Name.
- Enter your email password.
- Click the More Settings button.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Click the “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” checkbox.
- Make sure that it is using the same settings as your incoming mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- If you are using POP3 with SSL, please click the checkbox and select 995 for your port. Otherwise leave the port at 110.
- If you are using POP3, you may choose when messages are removed from the server.
- If you are using IMAP with SSL, please click the checkbox and select 993 for your port. Otherwise leave the port at 143.
- If you are using SMTP with SSL, please click the checkbox and select 465 for your port. Otherwise change the port to 26.
- Click the OK button.
- While on the E-mail Accounts screen, click the Test Account Settings button.
- This will both check your settings and send a test email to yourself to confirm that everything is working. If you receive any errors, please check your configuration.
- Click the Close button on the Test Account Settings window.
- Click Next on the E-mail Accounts window.
- Click the Finish button.
You should now be able to send and receive mail.
Please contact Adroit Creative Solutions, LLC with additional questions regarding configuring your email with Outlook 2010 for Windows.
- On June 24, 2013