“October, baptize me with leaves! Swaddle me in corduroy and nurse me with split pea soup. October, tuck tiny candy bars in my pockets and carve my smile into a thousand pumpkins. O autumn! O teakettle! O grace!” Rainbow Rowell, Attachments
It’s October! Who would have thought we’d still be doing this whole pandemic thing by now? One good thing about humans is that we’re adaptable. It’s quite admirable the way that some businesses have adjusted their operations and rolled with the proverbial punches, keeping their clients happy and staff employed during this bizarre time.
Speaking of the pandemic, things are still changing on the daily, but a good place to keep up (at least with what’s happening in Colorado) is Colorado COVID-19 Updates: Home. At Tree Ring Digital, we hope you’re hanging in there and managing to find some joy. To help you out on that, here’s our monthly roundup of “Things to Do in Denver.”
How else can we help? Does your business need SEO assistance? Marketing materials? A new website, or perhaps a revamp of the old one? The Tree Ring Digital team is expert in all of that and more. If you need help bringing your business back to life, or just want to find out what we can do for you, give us a call! We’re working (remotely) to help our clients through this challenging time.
- The Power Gala (October 3rd) For your consideration…the 22nd Annual Power Gala: A Red Carpet Affair presented by Colorado LGBTQ Chamber of Commerce and Out Front Foundation. Strange days may be upon us, but just like in Hollywood, the show must go on…even if virtually! So join us on October 3, 2020 for an Oscar-themed virtual Gala.
- Great American Beer Festival (oct 16 -17) You’ve seen everything on all the channels. You’ve scrolled down, up, and back down your social feeds. Somehow, you’ve reached the end of the internet?? Starved for content, you’re reading the Dr. Bronner’s label. Again. How to avoid this terrible fate? Get yourself a #GABF passport! The GABF passport offers exclusive access to two evenings (Oct. 16-17) of original online programming featuring luminaries like Garrett Oliver, Vinnie and Natalie Cilurzo, and Ken Grossman. What’s more, you’ll be eligible for deals at more than 1,000+ breweries nationwide Oct. 1-18!
- Elk Fest in Estes Park | Free Festival & Family Fun (oct 3 – 4) Due to ongoing public health and safety precautions, the Town of Estes Park’s annual Elk Fest is going virtual this year! Coined “Elk Fest 2.0: The Virtual Edition”, this year’s celebration of all things elk will be mostly online, without a gathering in Bond Park. The Town of Estes Park and Visit Estes Park are still in the planning phase, but we expect to offer educational wildlife videos, live question and answer virtual sessions with wildlife experts, and more. The team is working on an in-person scavenger hunt, a photo contest for kids and adults (see below for details!), and live-streamed musical entertainment. Activities will launch in mid-September and run through the weekend of October 3-4. Watch for details and a schedule coming soon – and always remember to keep a safe distance from the elk! #ElkFest2.0
- Denver Botanic Gardens Corn Maze & Pumpkin Patch (through the month of October) Wind your way through seven acres of corn. The maze can be viewed from two 15-foot tall illuminated bridges. Visitors under the age of 10 can explore the corn mini-maze. In October, pick the perfect pumpkin from the 10-acre pumpkin patch.
- Colorado Dragon Boat Festival Virtual Experience (October 3rd) This will be the first ever Colorado Dragon Boat Festival Virtual Experience! Due to COVID19 we had to make the hard decision to cancel this year’s in-person festival. But to ensure that we continue our mission to promote and celebrate the amazing accomplishments and contributions of the AAPI community here in Colorado, we have created a virtual event that will showcase all of your favorite performers, vendors, sponsors, and more!This is a 2 ½ hour experience where you can pause, fast forward, rewind, and create your own optimum viewing experience thanks to Denver Film and their new viewing platform. Please sit back, relax, or stand up and dance with us, and enjoy the 2020 Colorado Dragon Boat Festival Virtual Experience!
- Drive ‘N Drag Halloween: Denver (October 23 – 25) Start your engines and pull out your ouija boards! Seven trapped souls from RuPaul’s Drag Race haunt the stage this Halloween season! Now you can enjoy our fantastic show from the safety of your car! Plus enjoy an immersive haunted house experience in the parking lot when you arrive! The drag show must go on… in life or death!
- Boo at the Bridge (Oct 24) ‘Mummies’ and Daddies can bring their little Ghosts and Goblins to Boo at the Bridge for a safe and fun Halloween treat. All will have a ‘Spooktacular’ experience gathering goodies because you don’t often get the chance to cross the highest suspension bridge in America after hours!
- Denver Film Fest 43 (begins October 22) Despite the circumstances each year brings one thing is constant: The Denver Film Festival brings the best of storytelling from around the world to you. Now in its 43rd year, the Denver Film Festival is committed to delivering that quintessential DFF experience of cinematic storytelling and the people behind it. This year we are hosting the Festival on our new virtual platform, which will allow us to bring Official Selections, exclusive filmmaker conversations, bonus content, special guests and more, to homes across all of Colorado.
- Aiden Sinclair’s Illusions of the Passed (October 2 – December 25) The historic Stanley Hotel presents: Illusions of the Passed! Featuring Resident Illusionist and Apparitionist Aiden Sinclair from the hit series America’s Got Talent and Penn & Teller’s Fool US! Illusions of the Passed is an immersive, and audience interactive, theatrical magick and seance experience. The show takes its guests on a journey into magick and the paranormal and leaves them wondering if there isn’t just a little bit more to this life than any of us know? Fortunes are told and fate is tested in this full evening show.
- On October 1, 2020