“November always seems to me the Norway of the year.”
– Emily Dickinson
What a year! As I write, the pandemic is staging a resurgence, and we still don’t know the outcome of the 2020 Presidential election. And yet, life goes on, as it must. We get a clean slate in two months, right? Right?
Speaking of the pandemic, things are still changing on the daily, but a good place to keep up (at least with what’s happening in Colorado) is Colorado COVID-19 Updates: Home. Because of the aforementioned pandemic surge, this month’s recommendations are all virtual. At Tree Ring Digital, we want you to be safe and healthy, and we hope you’re hanging in there and managing to find some joy.
How else can we help? Does your business need SEO assistance? Marketing materials? A new website, or perhaps a revamp of the old one? The Tree Ring Digital team is expert in all of that and more. If you need help bringing your business back to life, or just want to find out what we can do for you, give us a call! We’re working (remotely) to help our clients through this challenging time.
- 100 Small Gems (November 1 – December 6): To assist Metro Caring, the artists at Cherry Creek Art Gallery are pleased to offer this online holiday art show that will benefit the organization. The show includes an enticing range of original paintings, from abstract to representational. This show of 100 small works will run from November 1st to December 6th. We hope that you will nourish your soul by purchasing beautiful art that will result in donations for Metro Caring’s nutritional programs. (about Metro Caring: Since the start of the health and economic crisis of COVID-19, Metro Caring has seen the need for access to nutritious food grow by 300%. Right now, 1 in 3 Coloradans are experiencing food insecurity. Visit metrocaring.org for more information)
- Virtual Art & Sip (Thursday nights, September 10–November 19): Treat yourself to an evening of art making in the company of other creative minds online! Longmont Museum offers a variety of virtual workshops for crafters of all kinds on Thursdays from September through November. Gather your own supplies or purchase a custom supply kit from the Museum. Kits include supplies to complete all three classes in each thematic bundle and can be picked up at the Museum’s front desk beginning the week before your class.
- Thaddeus Phillips Presents: Zoo Motel (Virtual) (Nov 5 – Dec 19): Theatre director, designer and performer Thaddeus Phillips returns to Buntport via the virtual with ZOO MOTEL . Mysterious & playful, and filled with Phillip’s hallmark theatricality, ZOO MOTEL is a live (yet remote) interactive & intimate theatrical / cinematic play broadcast live from a village in South America where Phillips has been since the pandemic hit. This wildly inventive exploration of the possibilities of live virtual theater and the magic of cinema combines a creative use of zoom and complex camera choreography to create a play that has the feel of live theater yet within the framework of a movie.
- ApocaLips Comedy Show (all month, Sundays at 7pm): An online comedy show delivered live to you! You’ll see professional stand-up comedians and laugh super hard with this night-club style comedy show.
- Women In Horror: Alma Katsu, Jo Kaplan, Kathleen Kaufman, and Lisa Morton In Conversation (November 8): Join us for Women In Horror: Alma Katsu, Jo Kaplan, Kathleen Kaufman, and Lisa Morton In Conversation on Sunday, November 8 at 4pm! The roundtable discussion with the authors will also include a Q&A. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the Zoom link.
And last, but certainly not least, a friendly reminder that when you’re shopping for gifts this season, consider shopping locally. There are so many wonderful businesses in our own area that are suffering while the big box stores are not. And don’t forget to treat yourself! Consider buying a monthly membership for yourself or a friend (or both!) to Urban Sanctuary, a woman-owned non-profit yoga & wellness center that offers a full calendar of virtual classes with memberships on a sliding scale.
- On November 5, 2020