“It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.” ―Charles Dickens
Remember this time last year? Can you believe that a lot of us didn’t even own a single mask? We were so innocent! The whole world seems so different now. But, just like last year (and the year before that, and the year before that…), the days are getting longer now and soon spring will be upon us. Life has a way of going on, in spite of everything. I suppose that’s reason enough to celebrate, so let’s try to enjoy the month, shall we?
Here are some things to do virtually (or in a safe, distanced, and responsible way) that sound like they’ll be quite a lot of fun.
Does your business need help switching to a more virtual-forward model? Tree Ring Digital specializes in that. Call us! We’re friendly, and we can help.
- Back To The Source | Immersive Art Experience: Back to the Source is an all-ages psychedelic immersive art and (audio/visual) theatrical experience presented by Spectra Art Space and the artists who brought you Spookadelia. Back to the Source: where scavenger hunt meets immersive art. Perfect for a unique date night or simply a safe, fun, and affordable way to get out of the house with the Family! This experience is also donation based so you pay what you can. If you like art, puzzles, or escape rooms this is an experience you do not want to miss.
- Interactive Brain Breaks: Let’s be honest, school feels different this year and everything seems more challenging. Sometimes you just need to take a break, take a breath, and get creative. That’s where Brain Breaks come in. These short, interactive sessions are designed to get you up and moving, learning about music and the arts. Available as a series of ten short episodes, Brain Breaks will spark creative thinking and set the tone for the rest of your day.
- Community Embrace Event with The Interview Game: Wednesday Evenings at 7pm, MDT – a participatory virtual event. Practice the art of conversation with someone you miss! Tickets are $15/couple. Are you missing family members and friends since the pandemic? ? Take a moment and think of someone that you would like to connect with. Imagine having a deep interaction with them where you share stories and thoughts. We can help you have that interaction online. The Dairy Arts Center and The Interview Game offer you a Community Embrace Event every Wednesday evening where we come together in pairs to have meaningful conversations online. You both need to have a good internet connection and a computer with a webcam, and we walk you through the rest of the steps to experience connections that we all have been missing.
- The Whiskey Tasting – interactive theatre The Whiskey Tasting is an online, immersive theatre experience. You and up to one other member of your household will join two other households for a whiskey tasting, exploring the history and nuanced varieties of this spirit. But as your bartender begins to divulge details about their own life, you’ll be inspired to toast to the moments that brought you to where you are today.
- CONNECTED VOICES: We recognize that some of us may be feeling disconnected and isolated. Without our normal gathering places, it is easy to feel disconnected from our community. While there are a plethora of webinars and meetings dedicated to self-care, education, and how to cope with the COVID-19 crisis, there are not many places to simply connect, share, and maintain community.Connected Voices is a free monthly Zoom meeting and safe hangout space where all LGBTQ+ artists and allies come together to talk and connect. During this time when we are all feeling a bit isolated or uncertain of the future, we want to provide a safe and fun space for people to simply connect, share, and create a support network. This is an opportunity for all of us to come together as friends, allies, and community members to help each other navigate the current landscape. There is no agenda—show up with your snacks, your favorite drink, perhaps a furry friend, and simply connect! We hope you will join us!
- Quarantine Cabaret St. Patrick’s Day: Join us for our ongoing Quarantine Cabaret Series at Miners Alley Playhouse! Due to the CoronaVirus, the event will be live streamed with our new state of the art live-streaming video and audio equipment. Live Streaming starts at only $5.When you purchase tickets to our Live Streaming Event, you will receive a separate email within 1 hour of the event with a link and specific instructions to view the show. If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will get back with you. All tickets purchased receive the same streaming event, there are a limited amount of $5 and $15 tickets, we encourage you to purchase your tickets soon! Thank you, and we’ll “see you” soon!
- Food Historian Michael W. Twitty Talks About Passover: Join JAAMM as we welcome an incredibly special guest, James Beard Award-winning author and food historian Michael W. Twitty, for an interactive lecture event around the holiday of Passover.
- In the Wings presents A Shared Stage Vol.1 Feat. Circus Foundry: Ladies and Gentlemen! Boys and Girls, Gays, and Theys! Welcome to the greatest virtual theatre experience on earth! In the Wings and Circus Foundry are collaborating together to bring you what will be a delightful, entertaining, and magical experience from the comfort of your home! Step into our circus tent and witness an incredible display of performers that will dazzle and delight you! Experience the circus in a way you have never seen it before! A Shared Stage: Vol. 1 is a full length production filled with everything you love about the circus: juggling, acrobatics, aerial dance, clowning, and much more! From high flying dancers to juggling masters to a magical parachute dress, this is a show you simply cannot miss! After your ticket is purchased, you will have access to a Vimeo link of our pre-recorded show in a theater complete with stage lights and various camera angles, putting you front row, center for this production.
- On March 4, 2021