In order to be considered for this position, candidates must be able to work at our office in Denver. We have a hybrid model of 2 days work from home and 3 days in the office. Contractors and 3rd-party firms need not apply.
Join a Rapidly Expanding Team as a WordPress Website Developer of a Growing Digital Marketing Agency!
Tree Ring Digital, a Denver based, top-rated digital marketing agency, is seeking a talented self-motivated, proactive WordPress Website Designer to contribute to our growing and collaborative team. We need someone comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment and be able to work with a team on multiple website projects concurrently. The right candidate is hungry for growth and learning, understands the importance of user experience, and enjoys pushing the design envelope. Our WordPress Website Designer will work with the development and project management team to design custom WordPress websites.
About Us: Our culture is unique and pretty hard to beat: we’re like-minded people who share common passions, appreciate one another’s unique ideas, enjoy each other’s company, respect each other’s skills, have each other’s backs, and love what we do. We’re a well-established, diligent, and creative group that thrives in our fast-paced work environment. Our firm is committed to a work/life balance for all team members. You won’t find any 60+ hour work weeks here!
We’re more than a little obsessed with technology, and we approach clients with a sincere desire to deliver the best solution for their unique needs.
About our dream candidate: This individual should have experience designing and editing a variety of unique websites including small business, eCommerce, blog, and membership portals. They will work with the content writers and WordPress developers to ensure we are providing our clients with engaging, results-driven websites. They will also assist the marketing team in building attractive landing pages for marketing campaigns.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- WordPress Installations
- Wireframe Designs
- Website Design & Building of Site in WordPress
- Routine website maintenance
- Website edits (ie: content changes, editing contact forms, creating new pages, updating menu items, etc.)
- Website migrations
- Website monitoring
- Work in a timely manner
- Providing Support in:
- Troubleshooting WordPress, website, and plugin issues
- Responsive design and mobile-related issues
- Troubleshooting and resolving site-related issues quickly and efficiently
- Quality check before work goes to the client for review
- Installing plugins, tracking codes, and CSS classes for the marketing team
- Internal team communications and questions
- New WordPress updates and features as well as current trends in web design
- Organizing and communicating with the team:
- CRM and business system support on an ongoing basis
- Feedback, input, and solutions
- Project status
- Next steps
- Deadlines and deliverables
Job Requirements, Skills, Abilities, Education:
- Ability to manage tasks and work in a fast-paced, task driven environment
- Ability to quickly adjust priorities to respond to urgent website issues
- Adheres to project hours requirements, timelines, and tracking time appropriately
- Ability to proactively identify client growth opportunities and communicate efficiently to the business development team
- Using the data provided by our discovery team and performing competitor research to build and design engaging WordPress websites that encourage users to stay on the site and take action
- Designing websites for diverse organizations ranging from small to midsize businesses and including blogs, eCommerce sites, online learning, and membership portals
- Working with the project manager and design team to complete projects in a timely manner
- A mix of 65% front-end and 35% back-end
- Highly motivation to complete projects by deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills (phone, email, and face-to-face)
- Excellent computer skills
- with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Drive, and Dropbox
- Strong organizational, prioritization, troubleshooting, and decision-making skills
- Passion for technology and all things digital – trends vs. fads, coding changes, WordPress updates, emerging technologies, and if/when/how to test and adopt new platforms, tactics, and trends
- Answer technical questions related to WordPress core, design, development, and hosting
- High level of:
- Attention to detail (including accurate data entry skills)
- Knowledge in WordPress builders, plugins, and maintenance
- Ability to:
- Work on multiple projects at one time
- Prioritize, manage time, switch gears, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Think several steps ahead and execute tasks without (or before) being given direction (once trained)
- Think through all possible solutions and determine the best solution
- Take work direction well & follow specific processes and procedures (once taught)
- Work well independently, as well as in a collaborative environment
- Utilize the correct tools, resources, and team members to find answers to client questions
- Learn quickly
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have/Be:
- 2-3 years experience in WordPress design required
- 2-3 years managing multiple websites simultaneously required
- Proficient in:
- WordPress core
- WordPress plugins and 3rd-party integrations
- Responsive website design
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Site and image optimization techniques
- Cross-Browser Compatibility and Mobile-First Responsive Design
- Shared Hosting Environments preferred
- Inspect tool preferred
- XD preferred
- Basic knowledge/experience with:
- Editing/understanding of WordPress websites
- Installing WordPress
- Installing development sites and staging environments
- Making development sites live
- Page builder tools (WPBakery, Elementor, Divi, etc)
- WordPress back-end development (including custom post types, theme customization, plug-in configuration and customization, and database structure)
- eCommerce systems which include WooCommerce setup (including variable products, shipping, and payment gateway configurations)
- Various plugins including Gravity Forms, ACF, LearnDash, and MemberPress
- CRM (Insightly), GSuite, Office 365, Slack, QuickBooks, WordPress, 1Password & Dropbox
- Email setup, configuration, and issues preferred
What We Offer the Right Candidate
$50,000 – $60,000 salary DOE with health insurance, dental insurance, retirement, paid time off for major US holidays, and PTO.
Standard hours are Monday – Friday from 9 am – 5:30 pm, with flexibility when needed, and the opportunity to work remotely at times. We are willing to train the right candidate for some aspects of the role, but prefer someone who understands and appreciates the complexity of WordPress websites and displays exceptional problem-solving skills!
We have a great culture – people love working here because of the flexibility of working remotely at times, our laidback, business casual environment, supportive team members, and our fantastic monthly team outings and events.
We have a hybrid model with two days a week working remote and three days a week working from our office in the RiNo neighborhood in Denver. It is imperative that the person we hire be Denver-based, as this is a very collaborative position. We don’t do cubicles or stuffy corporate offices. If you want to work in the mountains or in a park with your dog, we are ok with that, as long as you have wi-fi.
Tree Ring Digital is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Come join a team with a clear mandate to deliver high value to clients. If you’re a good fit and up for a challenge, we’d love to hear from you!
We appreciate your excitement, but please no calls to our office. Only applications received through this portal will be considered.