WordPress Design and Development Support
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must be able to work at our office in Denver. We’re working remotely during the pandemic but will return to the office when it is safe. Contractors and 3rd-party firms need not apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Join a great team as a WordPress Design and Development Support team member with a growing digital marketing agency!
Tree Ring Digital, a top-rated, Denver-based digital marketing agency, is seeking a self-motivated, proactive WordPress Support Team Member to contribute to our growing, talented team. Our culture is unique and pretty hard to beat; where a hard-working, fast-paced environment meets flexibility and remote work. We are an established (we just celebrated our 10 year anniversary!), small firm committed to work/life balance for our team members – no 60 hour work weeks here!
Our WordPress Support staff is responsible for editing and maintaining dozens of clients per day with their direct needs from maintenance to small changes (seriously, there are different tasks and different clients every day). The technicality of our client websites range from small business, eCommerce, blogs, and membership portals. They will work with the WordPress Designers and Developers to ensure we are providing our clients with prompt turn arounds on site edits, routine maintenance, and technical support. They will also assist the marketing team in installing plugins and adding tracking codes for marketing campaigns.
- Lives in the Denver area (this position is currently remote but you will be required to come to our office once the pandemic passes.)
- Has experience modifying and keeping organized, quality WordPress Builds
- Focused on the page speed and on-going performance of a website
- Has experience installing, backing up, and restoring WordPress websites
- Has worked on numerous WordPress websites in the past 6 months
- Is a problem solver who knows how to evaluate several options in order to pick the solution that best fits the clients’ requirements and the project budget
Responsibilities and Duties
- Install, backup, update, and restore WordPress sites
- Install plugins, tracking codes, and CSS classes for marketing efforts
- Edit, maintain, and manage WordPress websites including content changes, images, and new pages
- Setup, migrate, and address email-related questions from clients
- Setup, migrate, and address hosting related tasks and questions
- Is highly motivated to complete projects by deadlines
- Troubleshoot and resolve site-related issues quickly and efficiently
- Is focused on client success
- Able to quickly resolving mobile-related issues
- Stays on top of new WordPress updates and features as well as current design and user-experience trends
- Contributes input, feedback, and solutions to the web department
- Continually strives to provide outstanding customer service to clients
- Communicates with clients and team members the progress, process, and steps taken to resolve issues
- Adheres to project hours requirements, timelines, and tracking time appropriately
- Has experience with GravityForms including payment gateway configuration and conditional logic
- Is comfortable using a wide range of WordPress plugins and 3rd party integrations
- Has proficiency in web standards and best practices
- Has proficiency in WordPress security
Qualifications and Skills
- 2-3 Years Minimum of WordPress or light development experience
- Proficient with HTML and CSS
- Proficient with cross-browser compatibility and responsive, mobile-first design
- Proficient using a wide range of WordPress plugins and 3rd-party integrations
- At least one year of experiencing managing multiple Cpanel based WordPress environments
- Experience with server migrations
- Experience with managed WordPress installs
- Experience with Cloudflare and general DNS management
- Experience with GSuite and setting up Gmail for domains
- Experience with creating and managing backups of WordPress builds
- Experience with image optimization techniques
- Experience with page building tools (Divi, WPBakery, Beaver Builder, and more)
- Experience working within a CRM, Slack, Dropbox, and project management software
- Effective verbal and written communications skills (phone, email, and face-to-face)
- Works well independently as well as in a collaborative team environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to learn quickly
- Strong attention to detail
What We Offer the Right Candidate
$20-30/hour based on experience with performance-based bonuses, health insurance, dental insurance, paid time off for all major US holidays, and 1 week of paid time off.
Standard hours are Monday – Friday from 9 am – 5:30 pm, with flexibility as needed, and the ability to work remotely. We are willing to train the right candidate on some aspects of the role, but we really need someone who already has a strong understanding of core WordPress functionality.
We have a great culture – people love working here because of the flexibility in schedule, laid back environment, business casual (yet professional) dress code, supportive team members, and our fantastic monthly team outings and events. Additionally, we really encourage our team members to find where they are passionate and grow their skills with the company. We try to promote from within whenever we are able.
We are working remotely during the pandemic. But, when we get the official word that it’s safe, we will be returning to the office. That is why it is imperative that the person we hire be Denver-based. This is a very collaborative position, and we need someone who is physically present. Our office is located in a vibrant, collaborative, coworking building filled with other creative and technology professionals. This space is open, yet surprisingly quiet. We don’t do cubicles or stuffy corporate offices– rather, our team meets together with our laptops and shares conference tables. The building is within walking distance of shops and restaurants. The facility offers bike racks, showers, outdoor patio, kitchen, snacks, and monthly events to meet and network with other professionals.
Tree Ring Digital is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you would like to be a part of the team and your experience is a good fit, please apply below.
We appreciate your excitement, but please no calls to our office. Only applications received through this portal will be considered.