In order to be considered for this position, candidates must be able to work at our office in Denver. We’ve been working remotely during the pandemic but will return to the office with a hybrid model soon. Contractors and 3rd-party firms need not apply.
Join a Rapidly Expanding Team as a WordPress Support Specialist of a Growing Digital Marketing Agency!
Tree Ring Digital, a Denver-based, top-rated digital marketing agency, is seeking a talented, self-motivated, proactive WordPress Support Specialist to join our growing and collaborative team. We need someone who thrives on troubleshooting and understands the ins and outs of WordPress. This person can navigate their way around WordPress core files, plugins, theme files, and error logs to provide a prompt resolution to our clients. They will be responsible for editing and maintaining dozens of clients per week with their direct needs from maintenance to small changes (seriously, there are different tasks and different clients every day).
About Us: Our culture is unique and pretty hard to beat: we’re like-minded people who share common passions, appreciate one another’s unique ideas, enjoy each other’s company, respect each other’s skills, have each other’s backs, and love what we do. We’re a well-established, diligent, and creative group that thrives in our fast-paced work environment. Our firm is committed to a work/life balance for all team members. You won’t find any 60+ hour work weeks here!
We’re more than a little obsessed with technology, and we approach clients with a sincere desire to deliver the best solution for their unique needs.
About our dream candidate: This individual should have experience editing and maintaining dozens of clients per week with their direct needs from maintenance to small changes (seriously, there are different tasks and different clients every day). A successful candidate will understand the basics of WordPress, inspect tool, source files, performance optimization, and routine maintenance. The individual thrives in turning tasks around quickly and meeting deadlines on website edits, routine maintenance, and technical support.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- WordPress installations
- Routine maintenance
- Website edits (ie: content changes, editing contact forms, creating new pages, updating menu items, etc.)
- Website migrations
- Providing Support in:
- Troubleshooting site, plugin, and email issues
- Hosting environment (cPanel)
- Responsive design and mobile-related issues
- Troubleshooting and resolving site-related issues quickly and efficiently
- Quality check before work goes to the client for review
- Installing plugins, tracking codes, and CSS classes for the marketing team
- Organizing and communicating with team:
- CRM and business system support on an ongoing basis
- Feedback, input, and solutions
- Next steps
- Project status
- Experience with:
- WooCommerce preferred
- LearnDash preferred
- Membership plugins preferred
- Gravity Forms preferred
- Payment gateways preferred
Job Requirements, Skills, Abilities, Education:
- Ability to proactively identify client growth opportunities and communicate efficiently to the business development team
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills (phone, email, and face-to-face)
- Excellent computer skills
- with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Drive, and Dropbox
- Strong organizational, prioritization, troubleshooting, and decision-making skills
- Passion for technology and all things digital – trends vs. fads, coding changes, WordPress updates, emerging technologies, and if/when/how to test and adopt new platforms, tactics, and trends
- Ability to manage tasks and work in a fast-paced, task driven environment
- Adheres to project hours requirements, timelines, and tracking time appropriately
- High level of:
- Attention to detail (including accurate data entry skills)
- Knowledge in WordPress framework, plugins, and maintenance
- Ability to:
- Work on multiple projects at one time
- Prioritize, manage time, switch gears, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Think several steps ahead and execute tasks without (or before) being given direction (once trained)
- Take work direction well & follow specific processes and procedures (once taught)
- Work well independently, as well as in a collaborative environment
- Utilize the correct tools, resources, and team members to find answers to client questions
- Learn quickly
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have/Be:
- 2-3 years experience in WordPress design or light development required
- 2-3 years managing multiple websites simultaneously preferred
- Proficient in:
- WordPress core
- WordPress plugins and 3rd-party integrations
- Responsive website design
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Site and image optimization techniques
- WordPress website security and SPAM blocking
- AWS Servers and Shared Hosting Environments (preferred)
- CDN preferred
- Inspect tool preferred
- Photoshop preferred
- Basic knowledge/experience with:
- Editing/understanding of WordPress websites
- Installing development sites and staging environments
- Installing WordPress
- Making development sites live
- Page builder tools (Divi, WPBakery, Elementor, etc)
- WordPress back-end development (including custom post types, theme customization, plug-in configuration, and customization, and database structure)
- CRM (Insightly), GSuite, Office 365, Slack, QuickBooks, WordPress, 1Password & Dropbox
What We Offer the Right Candidate
$45,000 – $55,000 salary DOE with performance-based bonuses, health insurance, dental insurance, paid time off for major US holidays, and 1 week of PTO.
Standard hours are Monday – Friday from 9 am – 5:30 pm, with flexibility when needed, and the opportunity to work remotely at times. We are willing to train the right candidate for some aspects of the role, but prefer someone who understands and appreciates the complexity of WordPress websites and displays exceptional problem-solving skills!
We have a great culture – people love working here because of the flexibility of working remotely at times, our laidback, business casual environment, supportive team members, and our fantastic monthly team outings and events.
We are returning to the office with a hybrid model and will maintain that moving forward. It is imperative that the person we hire be Denver-based, as this is a very collaborative position. We don’t do cubicles or stuffy corporate offices. We share workspaces and often meet outside the typical workspace. If you want to work in the mountains or in a park with your dog, we are ok with that, as long as you have wi-fi.
Tree Ring Digital is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you would like to be a part of the team and your experience is a good fit, please apply using the form below.
We appreciate your excitement, but please no calls to our office. Only applications received through this portal will be considered.