This position is a full-time, in-house role.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must be able to work at our office in Denver. We’re working remotely during the pandemic but will return to the office when it is safe. Contractors and 3rd-party firms need not apply.
Tree Ring Digital, a top-rated digital marketing agency, is seeking a proficient WordPress Developer to contribute to our growing, talented team. Our WordPress Developer will work with the design and project management team to develop custom WordPress websites and provide clean coding solutions to complex WordPress functionality requests on existing client websites. To succeed in this role, you should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment and be able to manage working with a team on multiple website projects concurrently. The right candidate is hungry for growth and learning, understands the importance of user experience, and knows how to balance functionality with design. Strong coding skills and high attention to detail are critical to maintain efficiency without sacrificing quality.
Candidates need the ability to quickly switch gears between projects to accommodate our fast-paced environment and quick ticket problem-solving. While there can be a little stress involved, there’s also a lot of variety and excitement – our team never gets bored! One minute you might be developing a website for a local closet organizer and the next you’ll be problem-solving for a national franchise with multiple locations.
Our culture is unique and pretty hard to beat. We are a well-established, diligent, and creative group that thrives in our fast-paced work environment. Our firm is committed to a work/life balance for all team members – no 60+ hour work weeks here!
Essential Functions/Responsibilities (include, but aren’t limited to):
- Using the data provided by our discovery team and performing competitor research to build and develop high-functioning and engaging WordPress websites that encourage users to stay on the site and take action.
- Developing the backend for a variety of unique websites for diverse organizations ranging from small to midsize businesses and including blogs, eCommerce sites, online learning, and membership portals.
- A mix of 40% front-end and 60% back-end
- Working with the content writers to ensure the content is engaging and formatted for website readability.
- Monitoring the performance and resolving site problems quickly and efficiently.
- Improving and maintaining the existing websites of clients.
- Providing timely deliverables to clients.
- Providing support to our internal team.
- Working with the project manager and design team to complete projects in a timely manner.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Lives in the Denver, CO area
- Can come into our office at least 3 days per week
- Demonstrates work experience as a WordPress Developer and proficiency in writing code in a professional environment
- Must have the ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with a sense of urgency
- Must have the ability to quickly adjust priorities to respond to pressing demands, and work well under pressure
- Is focused on client success
- Enjoys looking for outside-the-box solutions
- Experience with:
- WordPress and Website Design (at least 3 Years)
- WordPress back-end development (including custom post types, theme customization, plug-in configuration and customization, and database structure)
- eCommerce systems which include WooCommerce setup (including variable products, shipping, and payment gateway configurations)
- Various plugins including Gravity Forms, ACF, LearnDash, MemberPress, and job dashboard.
- Debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug
- Using a wide range of WordPress plugins and 3rd party integrations
- Working with AWS Servers, Shared Hosting Environments, and FTP
- Knowledge of/Proficiency in:
- Web Standards and Best Practices
- WordPress Security
- Cross-Browser Compatibility and Mobile-First Responsive Design
- PHP & MySQL (minimum of entry-level WordPress)
- Website and Page Speed Optimization
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Basic Photoshop
What We Offer the Right Candidate
$50,000 – $60,000 salary with performance-based bonuses, health insurance, dental insurance, paid time off for major US holidays, and 1 week of PTO.
Standard hours are Monday – Friday from 9 am – 5:30 pm, with approved flexibility when needed, and the opportunity to work remotely at times. We have a great culture – people love working here because of the flexibility, our laid back environment (business casual with a professional edge), supportive team members, and our fantastic monthly team outings and events.
We are working 100% remotely during the pandemic. But, when we get the official word that it’s safe, we will be returning to the office at least part of the week, or for weekly team meetings. It is imperative that the person we hire be Denver-based, as this is a very collaborative position, and we need someone who is physically present. We don’t do cubicles or stuffy corporate offices. We share work spaces and often meet outside the typical work space.
Tree Ring Digital is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you would like to be a part of the team and your experience is a good fit, please submit:
- Cover Letter
- Link to Your Portfolio
We appreciate your excitement, but please no calls to our office. Only applications received through this portal will be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time