This position is an individual contract position in the United States. International Candidates and 3rd-party firms need not apply.
Join a Rapidly Expanding Team as a WordPress Website Developer of a Growing Digital Marketing Agency!
Tree Ring Digital, a Denver-based, top-rated digital marketing agency, is seeking a talented, self-motivated, proactive WordPress Website Developer to join our growing and collaborative team. We need someone comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment and be able to work with a team on multiple website projects concurrently. The right candidate is hungry for growth and learning, understands the importance of user experience, and knows how to balance functionality with design. Our WordPress Developer will work with the design and project management team to develop custom WordPress websites and provide clean coding solutions to complex WordPress functionality requests on existing client websites. Strong coding skills and high attention to detail are critical to maintain efficiency without sacrificing quality.
About Us: Our culture is unique and pretty hard to beat: we’re like-minded people who share common passions, appreciate one another’s unique ideas, enjoy each other’s company, respect each other’s skills, have each other’s backs, and love what we do. We’re a well-established, diligent, and creative group that thrives in our fast-paced work environment. Our firm is committed to a work/life balance for all team members. You won’t find any 60+ hour work weeks here!
We’re more than a little obsessed with technology, and we approach clients with a sincere desire to deliver the best solution for their unique needs.
About our dream candidate: This individual should have experience troubleshooting and providing development work on multiple clients per week. A successful candidate will understand the inner-workings of WordPress, inspect tool, source files, plugin configuration, performance optimization, and develop additional, custom functionality into websites. The individual thrives in turning tasks around quickly and meeting deadlines while maintaining the quality of work going out the door.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- WordPress installations
- Backupes and Routine website maintenance
- Website edits (ie: content changes, editing contact forms, creating new pages, updating menu items, etc.)
- Website migrations
- Website development
- Work in a timely manner
- Providing Support in:
- Troubleshooting WordPress website and plugin issues quickly and efficiently
- Hosting environment (cPanel)
- Responsive design and mobile-related issues
- Quality check before work goes to the client for review
- Installing plugins, tracking codes, and CSS classes for the marketing team
- Internal team communications and questions
- Organizing and communicating with the team:
- CRM and business system support on an ongoing basis
- Feedback, input, and solutions
- Project status and next steps
- Deadlines and deliverables
- Experience with:
- Membership plugins
- Gravity Forms
- Payment gateways
- LearnDash preferred
- Cloudflare or similar CDN preferred
Job Requirements, Skills, Abilities, Education:
- Ability to manage tasks and work in a fast-paced, task driven environment
- Ability to quickly adjust priorities to respond to urgent website issues
- Adheres to project hours requirements, timelines, and tracking time appropriately
- Ability to proactively identify client growth opportunities and communicate efficiently to the business development team
- Using the data provided by our discovery team and performing competitor research to build and develop high-functioning and engaging WordPress websites that encourage users to stay on the site and take action
- Developing the backend for a variety of unique websites for diverse organizations ranging from small to midsize businesses and including blogs, eCommerce sites, online learning, and membership portals
- Working with the project manager and design team to complete projects in a timely manner
- A mix of 40% front-end and 60% back-end
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills (phone, email, and face-to-face)
- Excellent computer skills
- with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Drive, and Dropbox
- Strong organizational, prioritization, troubleshooting, and decision-making skills
- Passion for technology and all things digital – trends vs. fads, coding changes, WordPress updates, emerging technologies, and if/when/how to test and adopt new platforms, tactics, and trends
- Answer technical questions related to WordPress core, design, development, and hosting
- High level of:
- Attention to detail (including accurate data entry skills)
- Knowledge in WordPress framework, plugins, and maintenance
- Ability to:
- Work on multiple projects at one time
- Prioritize, manage time, switch gears, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Think several steps ahead and execute tasks without (or before) being given direction (once trained)
- Think through all possible solutions and determine the best solution
- Take work direction well & follow specific processes and procedures (once taught)
- Work well independently, as well as in a collaborative environment
- Utilize the correct tools, resources, and team members to find answers to client questions
- Learn quickly
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have/Be:
- 2-3 years experience in WordPress development required
- 2-3 years managing multiple websites simultaneously required
- Proficient in:
- WordPress core
- WordPress plugins and 3rd-party integrations
- Responsive website design
- HTML5 and CSS3
- PHP & MySQL
- Inspect tool
- Site and image optimization techniques
- Cross-Browser Compatibility and Mobile-First Responsive Design
- WordPress website security and SPAM blocking
- AWS Servers and Shared Hosting Environments preferred
- Photoshop preferred
- WHM preferred
- Editing/understanding of WordPress websites
- Installing WordPress
- Installing development sites and staging environments
- Making development sites live
- Page builder tools (WPBakery, Elementor, Divi, etc)
- WordPress back-end development (including custom post types, theme customization, plug-in configuration and customization, and database structure)
- eCommerce systems which include WooCommerce setup (including variable products, shipping, and payment gateway configurations)
- Various plugins including Gravity Forms, ACF, LearnDash, and MemberPress
- CRM (Insightly), GSuite, Office 365, Slack, QuickBooks, WordPress, 1Password & Dropbox
- Email setup, configuration, and issues preferred
What We Offer the Right Candidate
$35 – $50/hour contract position.
Standard hours are Monday – Friday from 9 am – 5:30 pm so conference calls with clients will need to be handled within these hours. We prefer a Denver area-based candidate who is comfortable coming to the office occasionally as this is a very collaborative position.
We have a great culture – people love working here because of the flexibility of working remotely, our laidback, business casual environment, and supportive team members.
Tree Ring Digital is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you would like to be a part of the team and your experience is a good fit, please apply using the form below.
We appreciate your excitement, but please no calls to our office. Only applications received through this portal will be considered.