In order to be considered for this position, candidates must be able to work at our office in Denver. We’ve been working remotely during the pandemic but will return to the office with a hybrid model soon. Contractors and 3rd-party firms need not apply.
Join a Rapidly Expanding Team as a Website Hosting Support Specialist of a Growing Digital Marketing Agency!
Tree Ring Digital, a Denver-based, top-rated digital marketing agency, is seeking a talented, self-motivated, proactive Website Hosting Support Specialist to join our growing and collaborative team. We need someone who thrives on troubleshooting and understands the ins and outs of AWS servers and WordPress. This person can navigate their way around AWS, WHM, cPanel, error logs, WordPress core files, emails, and Cloudflare to provide a prompt resolution to our team and clients. They will be responsible for making websites live, creating new cPanels, troubleshooting site errors, page speed, and setting up GSuite and O365 email accounts.
About Us: Our culture is unique and pretty hard to beat: we’re like-minded people who share common passions, appreciate one another’s unique ideas, enjoy each other’s company, respect each other’s skills, have each other’s backs, and love what we do. We’re a well-established, diligent, and creative group that thrives in our fast-paced work environment. Our firm is committed to a work/life balance for all team members. You won’t find any 60+ hour work weeks here!
We’re more than a little obsessed with technology, and we approach clients with a sincere desire to deliver the best solution for their unique needs.
About our dream candidate: This individual should have experience working with and troubleshooting AWS servers to maintain 200+ hosting clients. A successful candidate will understand the basics of WordPress, inspect tool, source files, performance optimization, and routine maintenance. The individual thrives in turning tasks around quickly and meeting deadlines on DNS edits, making sites live, creating dev sites, setting up email accounts, routine maintenance, and both website hosting and website technical support.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- WordPress installations
- Website updates
- Routine maintenance
- Website migrations
- Bot management
- Database management
- DNS additions, modifications, and deletions
- SSL installation
- Providing Support in:
- Troubleshooting site, plugin, and email issues
- Website Hosting environment (AWS, WHM, and cPanel)
- Troubleshooting and resolving WordPress site-related issues quickly and efficiently
- SMTP, SPF, and DKIM settings
- WordPress and plugin issues related to hosting
- Cloudflare settings
- Organizing and communicating with the team:
- CRM and business system support on an ongoing basis
- Feedback, input, and solutions
- Next steps
- Project status
- Experience with:
- AWS server environments required
- cPanel required
- WHM required
- File manager and FTP
- Gsuite and Outlook 365
Job Requirements, Skills, Abilities, Education:
- Ability to manage tasks and work in a fast-paced, task-driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills (phone, email, and face-to-face)
- Answer technical questions related to WordPress, design, development, hosting, and emails
- Excellent computer skills
- with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Drive, and Dropbox
- Strong organizational, prioritization, troubleshooting, and decision-making skills
- Passion for technology and all things digital – trends vs. fads, programming language changes, WordPress updates, emerging technologies, and if/when/how to test and adopt new platforms, tactics, and trends
- Adheres to project hours requirements, timelines, and tracking time appropriately
- Ability to proactively identify client growth opportunities and communicate efficiently to the business development team
- High level of:
- Attention to detail (including accurate data entry skills)
- Knowledge in AWS server environments, WordPress framework, and WordPress website maintenance
- Ability to:
- Work on multiple websites at one time
- Prioritize, manage time, switch gears, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Think several steps ahead and execute tasks without (or before) being given direction (once trained)
- Take work direction well & follow specific processes and procedures (once taught)
- Work well independently, as well as in a collaborative environment
- Utilize the correct tools, resources, and team members to find answers to client questions
- Learn quickly
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have/Be:
- 2-3 years experience in AWS server or similar hosting environments required
- 2-3 years managing multiple websites simultaneously preferred
- Proficient in:
- AWS Server
- Cloudflare or similar CDN
- FTP and File Manager
- HTML5 and CSS3 preferred
- Site and image optimization techniques
- WordPress website security and SPAM blocking
- Inspect tool preferred
- Photoshop preferred
- Basic knowledge/experience with:
- Editing/understanding of WordPress websites
- Installing development sites and staging environments
- Installing WordPress
- Making development sites live
- Page builder tools (Divi, WPBakery, Elementor, etc)
- WordPress back-end development (including custom post types, theme customization, plug-in configuration, and customization, and database structure)
- CRM (Insightly), GSuite, Office 365, Slack, QuickBooks, WordPress, 1Password & Dropbox
What We Offer the Right Candidate
$45,000 – $55,000 salary DOE with performance-based bonuses, health insurance, dental insurance, paid time off for major US holidays, and 1 week of PTO.
Standard hours are Monday – Friday from 9 am – 5:30 pm, with flexibility when needed, and the opportunity to work remotely at times. This position will require the occasional work outside of working hours for server related issues (ex: website down). We are willing to train the right candidate for some aspects of the role, but prefer someone who understands and appreciates the complexity of website hosting and WordPress websites and displays exceptional problem-solving skills!
We have a great culture – people love working here because of the flexibility of working remotely at times, our laidback, business casual environment, supportive team members, and our fantastic monthly team outings and events.
We are working 100% remotely during the pandemic but will soon be returning to the office for part of the week. We do realize a hybrid workplace is preferred by some and will maintain that moving forward. It is imperative that the person we hire be Denver-based, as this is a very collaborative position. We don’t do cubicles or stuffy corporate offices. We share workspaces and often meet outside the typical workspace. If you want to work in the mountains or in a park with your dog, we are ok with that, as long as you have wi-fi.
Tree Ring Digital is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you would like to be a part of the team and your experience is a good fit, please apply using the form below.
We appreciate your excitement, but please no calls to our office. Only applications received through this portal will be considered.