Website Content Writer
This position is an individual contract position in the United States. International Candidates and 3rd-party firms not apply.
Job Type: Contract
Tree Ring Digital, a Denver based, top-rated digital marketing agency, is seeking a self-motivated, superb Content Writer to contribute to our growing, talented team. Our culture is unique and pretty hard to beat; where a hard-working, fast-paced environment meets flexibility and remote work. We are an established (we just celebrated our 10 year anniversary!), small firm committed to work/life balance for our team!
Responsibilities include writing engaging, unique copy for websites and microsites, social media, blogs, digital ads, and branded print pieces. They also assist marketing teams in writing engaging ad copy with strong call to actions that can be used in marketing campaigns for our clients.
This position is a contract position and will be between 5-15 hours per week depending on skillset. The contractor will have the ability to work from home or meet at our office if they’d like. Client communication can be handled in person, on Zoom, or a phone call.
- Understand the client’s business, vision, and services/products
- Interview clients to gather additional information about the business
- Research ideas, information, and facts pertinent to the client
- Write copy for a variety of industries
- Producing engaging, creative content with the ability to alter writing styles to reflect the audience and client
- Optimize website content for the search engines, mobile-devices, and readability; including subheadings and bullet-point lists, and embedded links throughout the text
- Proofread client-provided content for errors and additions
Job Requirements, Skills, Abilities, Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Marketing, Business, English, Communication, Creative Writing or comparable creative area preferred)
- Superb Writer and Copy Editor
- Experience Writing for Multiple Industries
- Excellent Computer Skills, with Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Google Drive, and Dropbox
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communications Skills (phone, email and face-to-face)
- High Level of Attention to Detail, Including Spelling, Grammar, and Punctuation
- Highly Motivated to Complete Projects by Deadlines While Working Remotely
- Works Well Independently as Well as in a Collaborative Team Environment
- Basic Knowledge and Experience Editing/Understanding of WordPress (or comparable) Websites, Preferred
- Understands Ethical SEO Tactics and Techniques
- Ability to Respond Positively to Constructive Criticism and Implement Changes Accordingly
What We Offer the Right Candidate
Hourly wage is $23-27/hour.
Our standard hours are Monday – Friday from 9 am – 5:30 pm so conference calls with clients will need to be handled within these hours. Work can be completed at any time as long as deadlines are met.
Tree Ring Digital is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you would like to be a part of the team and your experience is a good fit, please apply below.
We appreciate your excitement, but please no calls to our office. Only applications received through this portal will be considered.